Looks Like We Made It
Well friends, it's been just over 24 hours (!) since we started this whole blog thing together. We've had some good times, some not so good times. We've laughed together, we've cried together (thanks again, Malloy. You're my rock.) And as we look towards another several hours or more on this crazy rollercoaster we call life, it's important to take a look backwards. Let's take inventory of just how far we've come. Gosh, I remember that first day like it was yesterday...
February 27, 2008. It was a Wednesday, I think. The world was in shambles and our country was divided. Back then, Iran and North Korea were dead-set on nuclear weapons. Russia was thumbing it's nose at us. China was squeezing our economy into a massive recession. I remember thinking: man, we're hosed. And I wasn't alone. Many thought our modern societies wouldn't survive, that our religious and cultural differences were just too great. That we'd destroy ourselves and each other long before learning to coexist peacefully. But, look at us - we're still here. Still here!! Still kickin!!
And it... Looks like we made it after all.
2 comments:
Well, you may think you have made it with your blog but I just heard them use your name on one of the injured fire fighters in the ER rerun episode 'Where There's Smoke' on TNT...and Gemmill's as well. Truly a defining moment. LOL Do they do that often??
Hooray for Andy Fash!
Post a Comment